08 August 2011

Training Camp Verbal Crutches...

We are about 10 days or so into training camp, and I am tired of hearing the following 3 verbal crutches (or some derivative) used over and over again:


  • From the Veterans: "No matter how much you work out in the offseason, nothing prepares you to be in 'football shape'"

  • From the new guys/rookies: "It takes a day or two to catch up to NFL speed"

  • From the injured guys: "It is always tough to see the guys out there getting the reps, but at least I can be out here getting the mental reps"

And the quote of the preseason, thus far, goes to undrafted rookie, CB Dante Barnes, out of Norfolk St:

“I’m not standing around here just trying to wait. I’m trying to get in here and eat,” Barnes said. “The wolf has got to eat. The sheep, they get ate. I’m trying to be that wolf."

No comments:

 

fentanyl