31 August 2011

Another Thing That Pisses Me Off...

are "automatic gratuities."

I am not a lawyer, but I question the law behind these. Are you allowed to strike the amount and put less if you want. A "gratuity" by rule is at your own volition...if a restaurant automatically charges you for that, it is not a gratuity, but a charge.

Here is what also pisses me off...I can understand when you have a large group (say 8 or more)....today, however I went to Johnny Rockets. It was awful. We were 4 people of which one of those "people" was my 2.5 year old.

They charged 15% and the service was terrible. Simply terrible. The only thing it was better than, was the food.

Finally, the kicker...

They do not tell you it is automatic...they try to slip in the line "additional gratuity" (as in over and above). This is criminal.

1 comment:

RRD said...

Maybe you should eat at a real restaurant.

 

fentanyl